Old 12-01-2010, 10:37 PM
David Groos

Default setting sound preferences in lts.conf or .gconf?

Hi All,
My students use instructional videos that I post on the web.* Sound/Flash is working beautifully on localapps with Firefox.* The deal is that I need the sound on the speakers to cut-out when a student plugs in a head phone--instead the sounds comes out through both.

A work around I've come to is that I can select the 'connector' for headphones and then the sound ONLY comes out when a headphone is plugged into the audio jack.* This is great--even better than it is now.* I want to set this as the default for ALL users.* How do I do that?* I'm thinking either some lts.conf setting or more likely copy some settings from a .gconf files?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
David