Old 11-26-2010, 09:32 PM
Giacomo Trovato

Default Edubuntu on Raid1

Hi All,

what is the procedure to install Edubuntu 10.10 on Raid 1?

Thank You!

Old 11-26-2010, 09:40 PM
theluketaylor

It depends on if you are using hardware or software RAID. If it's
hardware as long as the RAID card is supported by linux (chances are
very good) there won't be any extra steps.

If you want to use software RAID you'll need either the alternate or
server cd. Any guide to installing with software RAID or Debian or
Ubuntu should have all the details you need.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:54 PM
Giacomo Trovato

Thanks for the answer.
But how do I have to manage the server CD?
First I have to install server (on raid) and then Edubuntu 10.10?
Or do I have to use the server CD only to create raid?
And where is it possible to download alternate CD? And how to manage this CD?

Giacomo.