-   -   LTSP EdUbuntu Client Rom-o-matic Problems (http://www.linux-archive.org/edubuntu-user/45586-ltsp-edubuntu-client-rom-o-matic-problems.html)

02-02-2008 06:18 PM

LTSP EdUbuntu Client Rom-o-matic Problems

hi all,

i'm trying to setup edubuntu as a terminal server with about 8 clients at a local school. i have the server setup (amd 2.0 ghz opteron) and i'm trying to connect the clients. they have network boot, but don't have pxe capability. therefore, i need to use:

http://rom-o-matic.net/5.4.3/

to create a boot disk for them. the clients ar p200 - p300 computers from gateway and compaq. i have the mac addresses and i searched for the mfr information and have that, too.

however, i have no clue how to correlate that information to use the Choose NIC/ROM type: on the rom-o-matic.net page. can anyone help?

also, the instructions at http://www.edubuntu.org/GettingStarted say i need to enable pxe emulation. does that mean i have to choose the pxe bootstrap loader format option ROM image for Choose ROM output format:?

do i need to set any items in Configure configuration options?

any help is greatly appreciated. i'm looking forward to giving the kids a whole new and much improved computing experience over their current win98 slow boat to nowhere experience.

tia...

Manu 02-02-2008 07:53 PM

LTSP EdUbuntu Client Rom-o-matic Problems

Hi,