Old 11-15-2010, 02:13 PM
Sherman Davis

Default Auto Login & Shutdown (Steve Wu)

Just add this to your lts.conf file

SHUTDOWN_TIME = "23:59:30"

This will shut them all down at 11:59:30 pm. Make sure that they are all set up
with the same time "NTP"

TIMESERVER = 192.168.1.1 (the ip of your time server)

I hope this helps.

Sherman

Thanks for the replies and advice for getting Auto Login to work on my

Edubuntu 10.04 setup. Now my problem - and I'm sure not the first to run

into it - is how do you allow the clients to Shutdown?

It's in a "loop" when you initiate a "Shutdown" with Auto Login = True.

Right now I'm looking at holding the power button in and doing a hard

shutdown. Probably not the most graceful way and awkward to tell our staff

that that's how you have to do it now.

Thanks again for any advice!

- Steve