-   -   thin client manager (http://www.linux-archive.org/edubuntu-user/44841-thin-client-manager.html)

Bob Wooden 02-01-2008 05:19 PM

thin client manager

I did not have a chance to do this until yesterday. Rebuild went well,
except now I have weird things happening. Luckily, only with TCM.

On one user TCM works in reverse. When I instruct TCM to "share screen"
with user Jimmy, a popup occurs on Jimmy's terminal, requesting share
permission. (Backwards to the share screen popping up on the server.)
Now on other users, TCM appears and I can see a small image (in the
sections at the right) but, "share screen" just hangs and soon I am
forcing TCM to quit.

As I see that there is development in the TCM area on 8.04, I will wait
to upgrade when that comes along. (Upgrading to long term 8.04 has been
my plan during this development, anyway.)

So, thanks for your help, Charles.

Mike White 10-03-2008 10:42 PM

Thin Client Manager

Hi all,

Is there a thin client manager (other than thin-client-manager-gnome) available? Looking for something that doesn't force an analysis of all running processes on client machines but just simply gives me a list of logged on users and the ability to log them off remotely.

Mike W.

"David Van Assche" 10-04-2008 07:56 AM

Thin Client Manager

Thin Client Manager is no longer supported, have a look at Italc,
which allows for logging off remote users as well as desktop sharing
and intra-thin client messaging....

sudo apt-get install italc-master italc-client

Kind Regards,
David Van Assche