Old 11-01-2010, 07:07 AM
Sebastian Seitz

Default Edubuntu literature

Hello Edubuntu-Users,

I am Sebastian from Berlin, Germany. I studied educational science and am now working on my Phd-thesis which will be about the Edubuntu-usage in (primary) schools. My main interest is the effectiveness of this system. This includes cognition, finance and its compatibility to Germanys educational-mission (law).

Right now I am looking for some scientific information about Edubuntu. But it seem very hard to find some except for user manuals about Ubuntu itself. While searching the web I found mailing list and I really hope that you are willing (and able ) to help me. Do you know a source, where I can get scientific information about Edubuntu? Do you know someone who has written something scientific about this OS?

It would be great if you could help me to integrate Edubunu into the acadeimc discussion about German school system by supporting my Phd-thesis.

Best regards,

Sebastian

Old 11-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Guillaume Ardaud

Hello Sebastian,

Here is the link to a page of Ubuntu's wiki that aims to keep track of
which schools are using Ubuntu/Edubuntu.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Education/UbuntuSchools

I don't know if you'll have much luck finding detailed reports about
Edubuntu in schools, but if not it could be an idea to locate a school
near you with which you can communicate and gather numbers from.

Viel glück!

Guillaume

Old 11-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Caroline Meeks

Hi Sebastian,
There is a group of schools in Maine using Ubuntu under the project name "Open1to1" they are starting to write up some case studies.
Sounds like a great project!

Caroline

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 4:07 AM, Sebastian Seitz <spassel@dorfelite.net> wrote:

[...]

Solution Grove
Caroline@SolutionGrove.com

617-500-3488 - Office
505-213-3268 - Fax

Old 11-01-2010, 08:48 PM
Jack ODonnell

Did you try a search on Google Scholar. A simple search of "Edubuntu"
provides 217 hits with some case studies

Jack ODonnell
World Computer Exchange

Old 11-02-2010, 11:17 AM
"Lenin"

Hi Sebastian
Â*

I have included a link to
the TuxLab (this was a project started by the Shuttleworth foundation here in
South Africa to promote open source in schools) evaluation report of this
project.

Â*

http://www.shuttleworthfoundation.org/website/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/tuXlab-Final-Report.pdf

Â*

Hopefully it can assist you
somehow, although it does not cover all the areas you are interested in. You are
obviously more interested in academic research articles with statistical
analysis’s which were published in journals. That I would not know, but look at
the bright side of things: You at least can start the ball rolling in that
direction.

Â*

Regards

Lionel