Old 10-21-2010, 04:51 PM
Jack ODonnell

Default Support Needed for Edubuntu PXE Installation in Chicago

I'm the Chicago Coordinator for the World Computer Exchange.

We are a 503c international education/technology organization. Our main
mission is to collect working computer refurbish them and send them to
partners(Peace Corps, Rotary, USAID, UN, ministers of education etc) in
developing countries who place them in schools

We install a modified version of Edubuntu on all machines, Recently a
linux programmer from Walgreens has created system for doing a PXE
install. Previously we installed via CDs

We've tested the PXE install and it works well. However our Linux
programmer cannot attend our weekend events when we do the installation.

I am very new to Linux. I'm looking for people in Chicago who may be
interested in helping out. I've contacted Linux/Ubuntu groups in the
city and haven't gotten any replies

Currently we have 200 machines ready for installation. These machines
are headed for schools in the Dominican Republic and Haiti

Thanks

Jack ODonnell
Volunteer
Chicago Coordinator
Regional Manager for Latin America
773 316 2944

Old 10-22-2010, 03:06 PM
"Jonathan Carter (highvoltage)"

Hi Jack

On 21/10/2010 12:51, Jack ODonnell wrote:
> We are a 503c international education/technology organization. Our main
> mission is to collect working computer refurbish them and send them to
> partners(Peace Corps, Rotary, USAID, UN, ministers of education etc) in
> developing countries who place them in schools
>
> We install a modified version of Edubuntu on all machines, Recently a
> linux programmer from Walgreens has created system for doing a PXE
> install. Previously we installed via CDs
>
> We've tested the PXE install and it works well. However our Linux
> programmer cannot attend our weekend events when we do the installation.
>
> I am very new to Linux. I'm looking for people in Chicago who may be
> interested in helping out. I've contacted Linux/Ubuntu groups in the
> city and haven't gotten any replies
>
> Currently we have 200 machines ready for installation. These machines
> are headed for schools in the Dominican Republic and Haiti

I'm too far to be of any assistance, but I posted about it and linked to
your email on the Edubuntu identi.ca/twitter/facebook pages. Hopefully
someone who read it will know someone in Chicago who may be of assistance!

-Jonathan