Old 10-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Veli-Matti Lintu

Default Smartboard with LTSP fat clients

Hi,

As I had to update Smartboard software for our LTSP fat client
installations, I took some time to write a script that creates a debian
package from locally installed copy. The created package can then be
installed in the chroot like any other package. This should make
installation a bit easier. The script probably breaks again when Smart
releases next update, but updating the filelist should be enough.

The script and some more background is here:

http://www.opinsys.fi/en/smartboard-software-on-ltsp-fat-clients

I hope this helps others who have Smartboards in classrooms.

Veli-Matti

Old 10-01-2010, 10:16 PM
David Groos

Hi Veli-Matti,

Thanks for doing this. I read your post and didn't get an answer to
my question--do you think it would work as a localapp as well?

David

Old 10-03-2010, 01:16 PM
Veli-Matti Lintu

pe, 2010-10-01 kello 17:16 -0500, David Groos kirjoitti:

> Thanks for doing this. I read your post and didn't get an answer to
> my question--do you think it would work as a localapp as well?

That's something I haven't tried myself, but it would probably require
some additional tweaking as the toolbar that is normally started when
user logs in needs to be started as a localapp too. My guess would be
that it runs ok as a localapp too if you get those fixed.

Veli-Matti