Old 09-16-2010, 02:21 AM
Belinda Lopez

Default Education and open source conference recommendations

I started this list of upcoming education and open source conferences.
If anyone has any recommendations on other conferences where Ubuntu
might want to have a presence or that you just recommend in general,
please add them to the list.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Education/Conferences

thanks!

Dinda

Education
Canonical
belinda.lopez@canonical.com
dinda@ubuntu.com
IRC: dinda
Office: Galveston, Texas
--
Ubuntu - Linux for Human Beings
http://www.ubuntu.com

Old 09-16-2010, 04:08 AM
Jeremy Fluhmann

Awesome, that's great dinda! *I'll be adding the TCEA Convention tonight or tomorrow. ~10,000 attendees (K12 and Higher Ed mostly). *And I'm even presenting this year! *Reducing Infrastructure Costs with Open Source-based Solutions. :-) (http://jfluhmann.edublogs.org/2010/05/31/presentation-submitted-for-tcea-2011/)
I would love to see an Ubuntu presence there. We have a statewide open source special interest group under the TCEA organization umbrella. We'll have an area designated for us to provide information and gather in general. If any Ubuntu fans, users, etc attend the Convention, I would encourage you to stop by and visit with us. *An Ubuntu or Canonical presence on the exhibit floor would be outstanding.*

Jeremy
--*

Jeremy Fluhmann
http://twitter.com/jfluhmann
http://identi.ca/jfluhmann
Open Source Symposium -http://texasoss.org
Texas Linux Fest -*http://www.texaslinuxfest.org
TCEA Strategic Open Source SIG -*http://sos.tcea.org

Old 09-16-2010, 01:19 PM
Algot Runeman

Dinda,

I've taken the liberty of entering the information about the MassCUE
conference coming up in October. It may not be easily possible to get in
as a "vendor" this late. Though we are at Gillette Stadium, the
available tables fill quickly. To check the potential, contact:
vendor@masscue.org. There are additional vendor options at this web
page: https://www.simpleswipe.com/registration/contact.html

MassCUE Conference, October 27-28, 2010, is a popular conference drawing
educators from the New England area. The conference has been running
since the start of the organization in 1982, moving last year to the
Gillette Stadium venue from Sturbridge Host Hotel.

--Algot