Old 08-27-2010, 12:22 AM
john

Default HELP!: Problem Ubuntu 8.04 Samba and Windows 2008 R2

Hi all,

We just upgraded to Window 2008 R2 and now AD domain logins via
winbind aren't working any longer (e.g. a domain user can no longer
log in via a thin client.
I can still see users via wbinfo -u and getent passwd. I've seen one
suggestion that this is because Hardy is running an older version
of Samba and that I should get a new version via karmic (or presumably
later) backports
http://old.nabble.com/Connect-to-share-(ads-security)-from-non-domain-computer-td26329283.html

Can anyone who has been down the road of 8.04 and 2k8 R2 help me out?

Thanks!

John

Old 08-27-2010, 03:10 PM
"Rippl, Steve"

We haven't run into this case exactly, but we had a file server with an older version of samba on it (3.0.x) that wouldn't authenticate users from server 2008 and it was running winbind. *We upgraded to 3.2.x and it started working!

We just upgraded to Window 2008 R2 and now AD domain logins via

winbind aren't working any longer (e.g. a domain user can no longer

log in via a thin client.

*I can still see users via wbinfo -u and getent passwd. I've seen one

suggestion that this is because Hardy is running an older version

of Samba and that I should get a new version via karmic (or presumably

later) backports

http://old.nabble.com/Connect-to-share-(ads-security)-from-non-domain-computer-td26329283.html

Can anyone who has been down the road of 8.04 and 2k8 R2 help me out?

Thanks!

John

Steve Rippl
Technology Director