Old 08-19-2010, 01:15 PM
Mattias Hemmingsson

Default lucid unown user id LTSP user cant loggin

Hi

I have 4 ltsp server running lucid staddning.
But non of my ldap users can loggin to the servers.
The servers dump and unown user id and then sends the user back to loggin.

I have done som search and it seams to be cousing by somthing called DRI.
And I also find a buf saying that its not possible to turn dri off on the lts.conf file on lucid.
And that you have to set upp your own xorg.con file.

So i tried all this but still my users can logged in.
Is there any one using lucid with ltsp ans ldap and that has an working solution for this problem?

My lts.conf
[default]
X_DEVICE_OPTION_01 = ""DRI" "false""
X_OPTION_01 = ""DRI" "false""
[[Ltsp_XF86CONFIG|XF86CONFIG]]_FILE = /etc/elino/xorg.conf

xorg.conf

Section "Device"
Identifier "Configured Video Device"
Option "DRI" "false"
EndSection

Regards Matte

Old 08-19-2010, 11:18 PM
David Hopkins

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 9:15 AM, Mattias Hemmingsson <matte@elino.se> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have 4 ltsp server running lucid staddning.
> But non of my ldap users can loggin to the servers.
> The servers dump and unown user id and then sends the user back to loggin.
>
> I have done som search and it seams to be cousing by somthing called DRI.
> And I also find a buf saying that its not possible to turn dri off on the lts.conf file on lucid.
> And that you have to set upp your own xorg.con file.
>

> So i tried all this but still my users can logged in.
> Is there any one using lucid with ltsp ans ldap and that has an working solution for this problem?

Matte,

I also use LDAP (Openldap). Scott Balneaves wrote up a tutorial on how
to get authentication working a while back. It can be found here:
https://wiki.edubuntu.org/Edubuntu/WikiSite/SimpleLDAPSetup

Follow the section for Client: install client pieces. For my systems,
I added just the ldap-auth-client. I answered the questions. I
changed the ldapi:/// to ldap://IP.x.y.z:389/ ... I also entered the
correct info for the realm. I answered yes to the question about
having root be able to change passwords, and no for the authentication
required to access the database.

Next, I copied/pasted the example profile changing given on the above
page, only I changed edubuntu to something appropriate for our school
and saved it as ncs-ldap-config.

I then invoked auth-client-config -a -p ncs

Afterwards I was able to use ldap. I now have 7 servers all
authenticating successfully following this approach. Many thanks to
Scott for help with that wiki page.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins

Old 08-19-2010, 11:18 PM
David Hopkins

Old 08-20-2010, 06:22 AM
Mattias Hemmingsson

Hi

Yes i had everthing working fine in ubuntu 8.04
But when i installed the new ubuntu 10.04 i cant logg in.
The user can loggin with ssh but not throw the gdm.

I onlyt get the unnown user error id.
And i have tiried almost everything.

Are you using ubuntu 10.04 ?

// Matte

Old 08-20-2010, 12:20 PM
David Hopkins

I am using ubuntu 9.10 (karmic). I held off upgrading because of some
concerns with moving to 10 immediately, including some issues with
ldap e.g. https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sudo/+bug/423252.
I plan to update production servers to 10 over the Christmas holidays
after getting a test server fully operational at 10. With school
opening next week, I won't have that done till mid-Sept.

I know that when I first tried to get ldap working with 9.10, it
didn't ... I had to use purge to completely remove the packages and
then load them a second time.

I found the following brief discussion of DRI and how to disable it:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ltsp/+bug/558726

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins

Old 08-20-2010, 12:20 PM