Old 08-19-2010, 12:49 PM
David Groos

Default lucid and updating chroot

What does the first sentence of this wiki page: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/UpdatingChroot, mean?

Here it is:

Built in to Ubuntu 10.04Ubuntu
10.04 already has the ability to provide recommended updates by
default. The rest of the instructions on this page are not necessary.

It makes things sound like I don't have to do the sudo ltsp-update stuff.* True?

David

Old 08-24-2010, 06:02 PM
Jordan Erickson

I don't know what that's all about (I created the page) - unless I'm
missing some killer feature in 10.04 that automates chroot updating (?),
I think that line is inaccurate.

- Jordan

--
Jordan Erickson - LNS
(707) 636-5678 - http://logicalnetworking.net

Old 08-24-2010, 06:02 PM
Jordan Erickson

Old 08-24-2010, 06:30 PM
Alkis Georgopoulos

The modification comment reads:
2010-05-02 Michael DePaulo 10.04 has lucid-updates by default

He has a point there, the first half page of that page that refers to
sources.list isn't needed for Lucid (and possibly for Karmic).

But the rest of that page is still needed for Lucid, so that comment is
indeed misleading.

I think it'd be best if:
1) we pointed people to using the ltsp-chroot utility for updating
their chroots:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ltsp-upstream/ltsp/ltsp-trunk/annotate/head
%3A/server/scripts/debian/ltsp-chroot

Unfortunately it's only been recently enhanced so people will need to
download it from launchpad, the version currently in Lucid isn't good
enough.

2) we moved the sources.list handling down in that page so that it
appears as a note for previous versions, and

3) we removed that Lucid comment.

Stephane, if you could put ltsp-chroot in /usr/sbin for Maverick like
Debian has it it'd be nice.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ltsp/+bug/589833

Cheers,
Alkis

Στις 24-08-2010, ημ*ρα Τρι, και ώρα 11:02 -0700, ο/η Jordan Erickson
*γραψε:

Old 08-24-2010, 06:32 PM
David Groos

Thanks Jordan for this info, based on your comment I'm working on
tracking down further info on the edit...
David

Old 08-24-2010, 06:32 PM
David Groos

Old 08-27-2010, 03:33 PM
David Groos

Mike got back to me and concurred with what Alkis says.

My question is, so, do I go to the page mentioned in 1, below, then download it, then copy it to the location indicated, then... What do I do?

Thanks!

David

Old 08-27-2010, 03:33 PM
David Groos