Old 08-02-2010, 05:39 PM
"Rippl, Steve"

Default I've been looking for info on adding the edubuntu tool

If you're just looking to add the education apps (like kstars & kalzium) then you can just apt-get install packagename without pulling in all the edubuntu desktop. *If you don't know the respective package names then either apt-get search... or use a gui tool like synaptic (or whatever the KDE version is) and search for "education" (or whatever else). *You can pick and choose from there. *Any of the main apps you install will automatically place a shortcut in the application menu whether you have Gnome, KDE or both installed, it's very rare I install a package from a repository that doesn't drop in the shortcut.

I don't know of an edubuntu forum, just these mailing list...
Steve