Old 07-31-2010, 02:58 PM
Terry Talim

Default I've been looking for info on adding the edubuntu tool

I've been looking for info on adding the edubuntu tools to an existing kubuntu or ubuntu feisty setup.

I came across instructions to add it...

sudo apt-get build-dep edubuntu-desktop

sudo apt-get install edubuntu-desktop

... however from reading that thread it seems this made edubuntu desktop setup the default for all new accounts.

Does it then allow you to select the desktop at login in the way you can
switch between gnome and kde? Or do you just end up with a limited set
of apps available as defined by the edu config?

What I really want to do is to add the edu apps to an existing kubuntu
or ubuntu set up. Is there a list of the packages to apt-get to install
them all including adding them to the desktop menus?

How do I make sure it is UK-English spellings - I assume this is available as a language option in edubuntu?

BTW is there a dedicated edubuntu forum? I couldn't find one, and the
edubuntu wiki links seem to point to empty work-in-progress stuff.

Thanks,
* Andrew
My jobs -*
http://geologyonlinecourses.com/degree-in-oceanography-and-marine-geology/ and*