Old 01-18-2008, 12:15 AM
"Anton Kaser"

Default AW: two servers: dhcp priority

Hi,

I have the same problem. I also have a existing WIN-dhcp Server that I am
not allowed to switch off. That?s why I keep using alternate dhcp for my
Edubuntu server which uses Port 1067/1068. It works fine with Feisty. I
still don't get it working under Gutsy. - But I keep trying...
It also would work under KIWI-SUSE. But there I don?t get the x-server
working for my clients :-(

With the alternate dhcp the 2 Servers can work within the same Network
without influencing each other. And as mentioned I still use Feisty. But
please tell me, if you get it working under Gutsy.

A setup with 2 Network Cards in the Edubuntu Server is not possible, because
the clients must be able to boot XP or Edubuntu without any Pluging.

toni