Old 07-01-2010, 07:58 AM
"Paul J. Thompson"

Default Desktop display upside down and back to front

Anyone know the answer to this puzzle.

I installed Ubuntu Lucid over the last weekend. Everything works fine with my existing thinclients. This evening I tried to boot a* new thin client with an Intel 945gc chipset and Intel graphics.

It boots just fine. The display is correct. The login screen comes up and is correct but when you are now logged in, all the icons are upside down and mirror image. If you double click on an icon, the application launches but once again everything is upside down just like the icons.

Can anyone help. I am totally puzzled and have never come across anything like it before.

Regards,

Paul Thompson.

Old 07-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Jordan Erickson

Paul,

Turn Compiz off =)

-----
sudo gconftool-2 --direct --config-source
xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory --type string --set
/desktop/gnome/session/required_components/windowmanager metacity
-----

Cheers,
Jordan

--