-   -   Instructions to install LTSP (http://www.linux-archive.org/edubuntu-user/388325-instructions-install-ltsp.html)

David Groos 06-20-2010 03:51 AM

Instructions to install LTSP

Hi All,

I'm about to install LTSP on my edubuntu installation and am looking for advise on how to do this.* Jonathan, on a blog post you say:

If you have poked around Edubuntu and the Live LTSP environment and you
decide that you’re ready for the real thing, you can install Edubuntu
and an Install LTSP option will also appear on the desktop. It
pretty much only asks you on which interface you would like to run LTSP
on, just like the LTSP live environment. All you need to do is click on
OK and sit back for 10 minutes while it does everything required to get
the LTSP environment set up.

Did this option or script make it?* Is it just on the install disk or is it a script that I would have installed with the system?* I'm happy to create a wiki page on installing LTSP but need help on doing it myself first!

Thanks!
David

"Jonathan Carter (highvoltage)" 09-03-2010 07:17 PM

Instructions to install LTSP

Hi David

On 19/06/2010 23:51, David Groos wrote:
> If you have poked around Edubuntu and the Live LTSP environment and
> you decide that you’re ready for the real thing, you can install
> Edubuntu and an /Install LTSP/ option will also appear on the
> desktop. It pretty much only asks you on which interface you would
> like to run LTSP on, just like the LTSP live environment. All you
> need to do is click on OK and sit back for 10 minutes while it does
> everything required to get the LTSP environment set up.
>

> Did this option or script make it? Is it just on the install disk or is
> it a script that I would have installed with the system? I'm happy to
> create a wiki page on installing LTSP but need help on doing it myself
> first!

It did indeed. You basically follow the following steps:

1. Install Edubuntu using Ubiquity
2. At the end of the installation, choose to continue using the live CD
3. Double-click on Install LTSP on the desktop and follow on-screen
instructions

Ping me on IRC if you need further information!

-Jonathan

David Groos 09-03-2010 09:39 PM

Instructions to install LTSP

If only I had known...
I could add this info to the bottom of this wiki page and as an optional install method on this page.* However, I don't feel I could do so with authority since I've never tried it and not even sure what Ubiquity is (except that it probably is all over the place ;)).* Wanna add it? :)* Both of these pages are already appropriately linked to the BasicSetup wiki page for edubuntu.

Thanks for your work,
David