Old 11-23-2007, 06:17 PM
"Matthew Armitage"

Default Stale Swap FIles (was LDAP timeout question)

Hey Jim, I noticed that when you described your setup that you mentioned a tweak to clear out stale swap files. We're having a bit of a problem with that in our setups and I was wondering if you could let me know what you did to fix that.

-Matt Armitage

School District 72, Campbell River, BC

Old 11-25-2007, 07:40 PM
"Jim Kronebusch"

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 11:17:40 -0800, Matthew Armitage wrote
> Hey Jim, I noticed that when you described your setup that you mentioned a
> tweak to clear out stale swap files. We're having a bit of a problem with that
> in our setups and I was wondering if you could let me know what you did to fix
> that.

Place the following line at the end of /etc/hosts.allow:

nbdswapd: ALL: keepalive

I can't remember if you need to restart the nbd server or not to make this take effect,
I don't think so. Any how this will time out the old swap files after a few hours of
inactivity.

Jim

Old 11-25-2007, 10:21 PM
Gavin McCullagh

Hi,

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007, Jim Kronebusch wrote:

> nbdswapd: ALL: keepalive
>
> I can't remember if you need to restart the nbd server or not to make
> this take effect, I don't think so.

I think it'll apply to newly initiated connections but not to existing ones
so I guess you kind of need to reboot the thin clients for the policy to
take effect completely. You could always just let it happen over time. I
guess a reboot of the server would make them all reconnect. I'm not sure
if there's a less drastic way to disconnect them.

Gavin