Old 03-30-2010, 10:51 PM
john

Default recommend a disk setup for LTSP install?

Hi all,

I have come to the conclusion that my single 7k sata disk is too slow to serve
25 plus LTSP thin clients. I see high disk writes accompanied by high
CPU wait time.

My mobo supports SAS. I am wondering what the optimal disk setup is
with regard to speed. Can I get
away with a single 10-15K SAS drive or should I be looking to setup
raid 5, 6, or 10? How about
two disks, a sata for the OS and a fast SAS for /home/ /tmp ?

I'd appreciate some advice!

Thanks!

John