-   -   wireless client (http://www.linux-archive.org/edubuntu-user/345-wireless-client.html)

Giles 11-18-2007 08:58 PM

wireless client

Hi

Has anyone implemented a minimal local boot that mounts its filesystem
via NFS to enable a wireless client?

Giles

Gavin McCullagh 11-18-2007 10:27 PM

wireless client

Hi,

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007, Giles wrote:

> Has anyone implemented a minimal local boot that mounts its filesystem
> via NFS to enable a wireless client?

You mean it enables wireless and then mounts its filesystem over NFS on the
wireless?

There is a project separate from edubuntu called TCOS which apparently does
something like this:

http://www.tcosproject.org

Gavin

Asmo Koskinen 11-19-2007 05:34 AM

wireless client

Giles kirjoitti:
> Has anyone implemented a minimal local boot that mounts its filesystem
> via NFS to enable a wireless client?

We made a little experiment with two/three Linksys wlan-routers
(dd-wrt), they acted as a bridge for clients.

http://linux.fi/index.php/WLAN_ja_LTSP

I can think this as a solution for a little school with two buildings
and a small outdoor area between them.

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.