Old 01-11-2008, 01:26 AM
"Pan, Richard"

Default xdmcp

I recently upgraded to 7.06 and found remote access via xdmcp did not seem to be working. I am
upgrading to 7.10 and I'm wondering if the xdmcp issues have been addressed.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Richard Pan
Director of Technology
The Birch Wathen Lenox School
210 East 77th Street
New York, NY 10075
Phone (212) 861-0404 x-133
email rpan@bwl.org

Old 01-11-2008, 04:16 PM
francois Barillon

Le jeudi 10 janvier 2008 à 21:26 -0500, Pan, Richard a écrit :
> I recently upgraded to 7.06 and found remote access via xdmcp did not
> seem to be working. I am
> upgrading to 7.10 and I'm wondering if the xdmcp issues have been
> addressed.

I did'nt manage to connect via xdmcp but I got an embeded session with
xserver-xephyr.

You have to allow xdmcp in gdm

then :
Xephyr :1 -once -kb -query your-server-ip

or :
Xephyr :1 -once -kb -fullscreen -query your-server-ip

François

Old 08-09-2008, 03:40 AM
"John Pierce"

Hello list members!

I have followed the instructions on setting up xdmcp on a kubuntu 8.04
box so that
I can log in remotely and I receive the error that the connection is
not authorized.

The instructions make reference to the following line located in
/etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc:

KeyFile=/etc/kde3/kdm/kdmkeys

I uncommented this line and it still does not work, and there is no
file called kdmkeys located
in that subdirectory.

Do I have to manually create the keys, or are they installed from the package?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

--
John
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at

Old 08-09-2008, 08:23 AM
Alvin

On Saturday 09 August 2008 05:40:00 John Pierce wrote:
> Hello list members!
>
> I have followed the instructions on setting up xdmcp on a kubuntu 8.04
> box so that
> I can log in remotely and I receive the error that the connection is
> not authorized.
>
> The instructions make reference to the following line located in
> /etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc:
>
> KeyFile=/etc/kde3/kdm/kdmkeys
>
> I uncommented this line and it still does not work, and there is no
> file called kdmkeys located
> in that subdirectory.
>
> Do I have to manually create the keys, or are they installed from the
> package?

What instructions did you follow exactly?
What is the output of # ps -ef | grep X

--
Alvin

Old 08-09-2008, 12:49 PM
"John Pierce"

On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 3:23 AM, Alvin <info@alvin.be> wrote:
> On Saturday 09 August 2008 05:40:00 John Pierce wrote:
>> Hello list members!
>>
>> I have followed the instructions on setting up xdmcp on a kubuntu 8.04
>> box so that
>> I can log in remotely and I receive the error that the connection is
>> not authorized.
>>
>> The instructions make reference to the following line located in
>> /etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc:
>>
>> KeyFile=/etc/kde3/kdm/kdmkeys
>>
>> I uncommented this line and it still does not work, and there is no
>> file called kdmkeys located
>> in that subdirectory.
>>
>> Do I have to manually create the keys, or are they installed from the
>> package?
>
> What instructions did you follow exactly?
> What is the output of # ps -ef | grep X

I found another set of instructions at this address:

And they have worked, it is now functional. I commented out the reference
to the keys file and all started to work.

Thanks