Old 01-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Carl Olof Englund

Default Killing user on logout / Nautilus 100% CPU trouble / Mac

Still having problems with Nautilus (and frozen-bubble today, although it was
not running on the desktop when I investigated) using 100% cpu. Gnome
Watchdog isn't in the AMD64 repositories and killing stuff every night just
doesn't cut it, when the all terminals are dog slow during the day. I guess
what could be possible is to kill all the current users processes when/after
he/she logs out.

How do I do that? Something in gdm/xsession-files..? skill -u %u or something
of the sort?

The best fix would be to have a program or script running on the server,
killing nautilus (and other processes) if it's been using on average
95-100%/5min CPU. Or what do you think?

On another note, thanks for all the feedback on the Powerpc client setup! I
haven't gotten to it yet but the LiveCD-solution seems easy enough. Better
than having to install the whole server on the client anyway.

/ Carl

--
"So slay me now! I have little magic left."
- Kallak, leader of the royal mystics