Old 03-09-2010, 03:55 PM
David Hopkins

Default Tuxpaint window does not close

When you close Tuxpaint (and sometimes other apps), the application seems to close but the window decorations do not close. You get a window with a blank interior. You can then drag the window out of the way and open another session of the same application (Tuxpaint for instance), and it works fine, up until closing the app when you get the same symptoms again.

This is disconcerting to the teacher and also for the K-3 students using the system.* I am using Dell G150's with 512Mb memory.* Is this a graphics driver issue?* Is there something simple the teacher can do to tell me what is hanging?* I'm not at the school at the moment so all I have is a verbal description of the behavior.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins

Old 03-12-2010, 01:08 PM
David Hopkins

An update on this.* There is a bug report https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tuxpaint/+bug/269082* concerning the behavior of Tux related apps.* I believe this might be the issue.* I have libsdl1.2debian installed. I do not have libsdl1.2debian-pulseaudio installed.* I can install the pulseaudio but quite frankly I don't know what will happen and more importantly how easy it is to recover if it is 'bad'.

There are also updated Tux packages available at Edubuntu Testing.*

I'm willing to test these if there is a straightforward way to revert the system. What is the risk if I install the libsdl1.2debian-pulseaudio and the Tux packages?* Has someone else already done so?

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins