Old 03-01-2010, 07:37 PM
john

Default Anyone know how to set AutoSave globally in openoffice

Hello all,

I am trying to get openoffice to "autosave" student documents every 3
minutes rather than the default 15. Has anybody figured out how to
do this? I currently have kludgy approaches to setting default file to
save as .doc etc, but I haven't been able to get the "save as feature"
to work. I've seen
some advice http://wpkg.org/OpenOffice.org_2.x that says create a
custom Common.xcu file and place it in the users
./openoffice.org2/user/registry/data/org/openoffice/

The relevant snipped in the Common.xcu should (apparently) look
something like this:

<node oor:name="Save">
<node oor:name="Document">
<prop oor:name="AutoSave" oor:type="xs:boolean">
<value>true</value>
</prop>
<prop oor:name="AutoSaveTimeIntervall" oor:type="xs:int">
<value>3</value>
</prop>
</node>
</node>

I've also seen other folks saying to try and put it somewhere in one
of the files located in
/usr/lib/openoffice/share/registry/modules/org/openoffice/Setup
although I am not sure which one.

Needless to say, neither approach is working for me right now.

BTW, I see similar requests going back on various LTSP lists for NINE
years. I think it would be worth trying to get a handle on Global
OpenOffice configuration once an for all. Maybe someone on this list
already has?

Thanks!

John