Old 02-15-2010, 05:58 PM
David Hopkins

Default Local apps and nat

I've followed the instructions for installing firefox and flash as local apps for 9.10.* Firefox launches and is running locally (e.g. it has the on ltsp20)* However, I sure I have nat set up properly.* I use a 2 NIC setup so I started following: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSPKarmicLocalAppsFirefox (note that installing flashplugin-installer from apt fails.* Instead, I downloaded the libflashplayer.so and copied it to the plugins directory, then created a link from fire-addons)*

Next I followed: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/ThinClientHowtoNAT ...

The step that concerns me is setting 'option routers 192.168.0.254;'* since the dhcpd.file already has '*** option routers 192.168.0.1;' ... my final dhcpd.conf file is below.* Since eth1 is defined in /etc/network/interfaces as

auto eth1
iface eth1 inet static
*** address 192.168.0.254
*** netmask 255.255.255.0
*** network 192.168.0.0
*** broadcast 192.168.0.255
*** up iptables-restore < /etc/ltsp/nat

I'm assuming that the 'options routers 192.168.0.1;' isn't valid and actually prevents any routing from occurring by accident?

I still have to install totem and the other plugins for firefox. I thought when the image was built that it was based off of the server's image, but that doesn't seem to necessarily be true for the plugins.

Finally, I also have an issue with local devices from all thin clients showing up for all users ... nothing like having 32 floppy devices automagically appearing on everyone's logins but there seems to be some discussion of this as well.* That is next.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins

My dhcpd.conf file

#
# Default LTSP dhcpd.conf config file.
#

authoritative;

subnet 192.168.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
*** range 192.168.0.20 192.168.0.250;

*** option domain-name "example.com";
*** option domain-name-servers 192.168.0.1;
*** option broadcast-address 192.168.0.255;
#*** option routers 192.168.0.1;
*** option routers 192.168.0.254;

#*** next-server 192.168.0.1;
#*** get-lease-hostnames true;
*** option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
*** option root-path "/opt/ltsp/i386";
*** if substring( option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 9 ) = "PXEClient" {

******* filename "/ltsp/i386/pxelinux.0";
*** } else {
******* filename "/ltsp/i386/nbi.img";
*** }