Old 02-11-2010, 11:08 PM
Jordan Erickson

Default Audacity w/PulseAudio fix available in PPA (for Ubuntu 8.04 LTS!!)

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you all know that if you're using Ubuntu 8.04 LTS
(which many of us must) and LTSP, and have wanted to install Audacity
but can't because of PulseAudio/Audacity sound device issues in the
version packaged for 8.04, there is light at the end of the tunnel!
David Henningsson has built it in his LP PPA. It's been tested at least
by me to work both with playback and recording on a thin client.

https://launchpad.net/~diwic/+archive/ppa

Many, many thanks to David Henningsson for building it for me after an
e-mail yesterday.

Cheers,
Jordan