Old 02-10-2010, 02:35 AM
"Harry Sweet"

Default New server setup.. IP forwarding question for Windows clients

I'm almost done setting up my new server. My lab also occasionally uses Windows so I enabled IP forwarding in /etc/sysctl.conf. The old LTSP server works fine as a windows dhcp server, so I copied the dhcp3.conf to the new one, which has the same ip addresses on both interfaces as the old. Edubuntu runs fine, but as windows machines, they cannot see past the server. They get all the right #'s via my DHCP. and they work fine on the old server.

I feel that I have forgotten something I did on the old box. And it was not NAT.

harry

Old 02-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Mickey Moore

Do you have a static route which will route packets for the Windows machines to the Linux terminal server address on the network which has the internet gateway?