Old 01-29-2010, 01:35 PM
David Groos

Default iTALC config file isn't updated

Hi All,

I just added by hand another classroom of users in the iTALC interface--helping out another teacher.* Of course, I wanted to keep these settings persistant, like I had previously done with my own class of thin clients.* Our classrooms are both on the same server.* I expected I would be able to simply copy (before quiting) the globalconfig.xml file in my ~/.italc folder over the /etc/italc/configfiles folder as explained so well in: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/iTalc.* Well, my ~/.italc/globalconfig.xml file DIDN'T contain my latest additions!* I examined all files in: ~/.italc/ and in /etc/italc/configfiles/ and none had the newly added computers!

So I checked online and saw this other page: http://italc.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?title=Customizing_paths_to_keys_and_conf ig-files which says you need to quit iTALC before copying the globalconfig.xml file from one's ~/.italc/ folder.* This seemed strange since other things said that I would loose the configs I had just made.* Well, I had nothing to loose since I couldn't get it to work in the way suggested in the ubuntu wiki so I tried this, it didn't work, and sure enough, I lost all my computers I entered.

Where was the config file which had the info of my newly added classroom with the freshly added computers?

Thanks,
David