Old 11-18-2007, 05:47 PM
"David Van Assche"

Default Thin Client Manager problems

Hi,
I'm having some trouble running Fl_Teachertool on Gutsy. When
Fl_Teachertool starts up I get a dialogue saying no users connected,
which isn't true. I've tried grepping with the command specified:

ps eaxww|grep "bash --login -c"|grep "LTSP_CLIENT"|grep PPID|grep -v grep

and get nothing. Tried with sudo as well, same result.

I'm assuming something must have changed in Gutsy as to how users are
detected, but its a shame because my teachers started using this a lot
and were praising it to high heaven. Now we're a bit stuck using tcm,
which leaves a lot to be desired.

Any help to get it to work would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
David Van Assche

Old 11-18-2007, 11:07 PM
"Robert Arkiletian"

On Nov 18, 2007 10:47 AM, David Van Assche <dvanassche@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm having some trouble running Fl_Teachertool on Gutsy. When
> Fl_Teachertool starts up I get a dialogue saying no users connected,
> which isn't true. I've tried grepping with the command specified:
>
> ps eaxww | grep "bash --login -c" | grep "LTSP_CLIENT" | grep PPID | grep -v grep

Try the above command again but each time remove a pipe
ps eaxww | grep "bash --login -c" | grep "LTSP_CLIENT" | grep PPID
ps eaxww | grep "bash --login -c" | grep "LTSP_CLIENT"
ps eaxww | grep "bash --login -c"
see if that helps figure out what's breaking

--
Robert Arkiletian