Old 01-04-2008, 02:36 AM
guillermo

Default Printer Lexmark z645 on Gutsy (amd64)

Hi!
I'm trying to install a Lexmark z645 printer on Gutsy
(amd64). I've followed the tutorials many times
without any results. I just get the message:

bash: /usr/lib/cups/backend/z600: No such file or
directory

This machine (amd64) must be the server. I have to get
it working there. Any ideas?

If I follow the same steps on a i386 pc the setup is
just straight. The printer works and everything is
fine.

Thanks in advance.

Guillermo

Old 01-05-2008, 11:59 AM
"Denis Melnikov"

Find which package contains /usr/lib/cups/backend/z600
on i386 architecture (with dpkg). Then see the package
contents on amd64. If they differ try to copy files from i386.
Anyway report a bug at launchpad.net.

Denis