Old 11-19-2009, 09:37 PM
uwe

Default Smartcard on LTSP thin clients

hello,

my young students always have problems of logging in correctly so we
loose a lot of time each lesson.

on the other hand I would like to have them something to identify
themselves with the Linux Course at school. So my idea was to give them
a smartcard for authentication to the system.

can anybody tell me if smartcards of the client side is doable in a LTSP
environment - e.g. with keyboard with integrated smartcard reader?

alternatively can one set up a usb stick to do the authentication?

rgds,

uwe

Old 11-20-2009, 06:31 AM
Asmo Koskinen

uwe kirjoitti:

> my young students always have problems of logging in correctly so we
> loose a lot of time each lesson.

There is an option for guest login or autologin.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/AutoLoginFeatures

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.