-   -   Smartcard on LTSP thin clients (http://www.linux-archive.org/edubuntu-user/283350-smartcard-ltsp-thin-clients.html)

uwe 11-19-2009 09:37 PM

Smartcard on LTSP thin clients

hello,

my young students always have problems of logging in correctly so we
loose a lot of time each lesson.

on the other hand I would like to have them something to identify
themselves with the Linux Course at school. So my idea was to give them
a smartcard for authentication to the system.

can anybody tell me if smartcards of the client side is doable in a LTSP
environment - e.g. with keyboard with integrated smartcard reader?

alternatively can one set up a usb stick to do the authentication?

rgds,

uwe

Asmo Koskinen 11-20-2009 06:31 AM

uwe kirjoitti:

> my young students always have problems of logging in correctly so we
> loose a lot of time each lesson.

There is an option for guest login or autologin.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/AutoLoginFeatures

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.