-   -   printer shows up in printer dialog after long time (http://www.linux-archive.org/edubuntu-user/283311-printer-shows-up-printer-dialog-after-long-time.html)

uwe 11-19-2009 08:38 PM

printer shows up in printer dialog after long time

hello,

I just wanted to tell you that I have solved my problem.

here again the description:
when printing from a local app such as Gimp the cups printer would show
up only after a long time such as 15 seconds and that each time you open
the printer dialog.

resolution:
when I setup the LTSP server a while ago, I gave it a 192.168 ip adress,
after tranfering the server to the school, I changed the ip to fit the
local needs but I did not update /etc/hosts to reflect the ip change
(both server and chroot).

now that I updated /etc/hosts, the printer is show immediately in the
printing dialog of the local apps.

rgds,

uwe