Old 11-22-2007, 08:39 AM

Default Edubuntu 7.10 DVD ISO corrupt?

Hello,

I've tried to download the Edubuntu 7.10 DVD ISO from <http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/edubuntu/dvd/current/> and <http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/ubuntu-cdimage/edubuntu/dvd/current/> but in both cases I only get about 200-400MB without any error message!
I need the DVD due to the text mode installation feature, which I haven't found on the Live-CD. The graphical installer on the Live-CD is extremely slow on my laptop. :-(

Thanks for any help!

Old 11-22-2007, 08:55 AM
Gavin McCullagh

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007, endym@gmx.net wrote:

> I've tried to download the Edubuntu 7.10 DVD ISO from
> <http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/edubuntu/dvd/current/> and
> <http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/ubuntu-cdimage/edubuntu/dvd/current/> but in
> both cases I only get about 200-400MB without any error message!

You might try using a downloader program which can resume downloads.

> I need the DVD due to the text mode installation feature, which I haven't
> found on the Live-CD. The graphical installer on the Live-CD is extremely
> slow on my laptop. :-(

The server CD should be a text mode installer. You could always remove the
ltsp bits when you're done.

http://ie.releases.ubuntu.com/edubuntu/gutsy/

Gavin

Old 11-22-2007, 10:49 AM

I've tried with download program (DownThemAll) and without (firefox) but both doesn't lead to success. I don't think that this is a problem of a bad connection, because the reported total download size (while downloading) is already wrong!

Thanks for the server-cd hint - I will try it!

-------- Original-Nachricht --------