Old 11-18-2009, 04:45 PM
john

Default ltspfs misbehaving shows usb mounts on all desktops

Hello all,

Recently students USB drives will show up on all other kids desktops
whenever they plug one in. Other kids can't read them, but the icon is
added to all desktops and the icon isn't properly removed when the
student removes the usb drive. This is a recent phenomenon. We're
running Hardy 8.04.3 LTS.

We are using Active Directory for our backend and I am aware that
/dev/fuse expects all users to have their own group rather than a
single user group which in our case is "Domain Users" I know that
there is a work around here
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/LocaldevCommonGroupWorkaround

But I am really try to understand why this has worked correctly for us
for 9 months and has failed just now. I don't see any recent updates
for the fuse file system, at least not since July and nother for
ltspfs since feb 09.

Here's what I see when I do:

mount

ltspfs on /media/flyboy/usbdisk-sdb1 type fuse.ltspfs
(rw,nosuid,nodev,user=flyboy)

Here's what ls -la shows me for that mount point

d????????? ? ? ? ? ? usbdisk-sdb1

Can anyone explain why this might no longer be working as expected?

Thanks!

John