-   -   logoff very slow/hangs when using NIC Bonding (http://www.linux-archive.org/edubuntu-user/280931-logoff-very-slow-hangs-when-using-nic-bonding.html)

john 11-15-2009 09:41 PM

logoff very slow/hangs when using NIC Bonding

Hi all,

I set up nic bonding today following
http://www.howtoforge.com/network_bonding_ubuntu_6.10

The bond came up and appears to function correctly, however it
apparently interferes with log-off on the thin clients.
I am running Ubuntu Hardy LTS with the default Gnome desktop.

Without bonding I can click the red power icon in the upper right
corner or go to system> quit and immediately be presented with
the icon which allows me to "log off, lock screen, swith user".

With bonding enabled this screen takes more than 30 second to appear
after being clicked. Clicking "log off" after the screen appears
allows me
to log off immediately. I had a similar issue once when my
/etc/nsswitch.conf file had the wrong file permissions and DNS wasn't
being handled correctly, but I
don't know that nic bonding would matter in this case.

My bond used mode0, I haven't tried the other modes yet.

I need the extra bandwidth but I can't have a 30 second wait before
students are able to log off.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to proceed?

Thanks!

John