Old 11-15-2009, 05:23 PM
"Jonathan Carter (highvoltage)"

Default Edubuntu Council Elections

Hi

As most of you noticed, the Edubuntu project have been going through
some big changes recently. Something we have been working on with the
Ubuntu Community Council for a while now is to have the Edubuntu Council
back to a reasonable size (5 members).

That's why, today, we announce that there will be an election for new
Edubuntu Council members. Jordan Mantha will be resigning from his
Edubuntu Council position due to time constraints from his new job.

The two remaining members, Jonathan Carter and Stéphane Graber will be
running for re-election.

How will the election work:
- First week (#47, next week), we'll be taking candidatures on the
following wiki page: https://wiki.edubuntu.org/Edubuntu/Council/Election
- On the week after (#48), the Ubuntu Community Council will setup a
vote where all edubuntu-members will be asked to vote and choose the 5
candidates they want as Edubuntu Council members.
- Early on the week after that (#49), the 5 new Edubuntu Council
members will be announced by the Ubuntu Community Council and be added
to the Launchpad team.

During the election process, the current Edubuntu council remains as it
currently is.

Ubuntu members will be able to make nominations by adding themselves to
the https://wiki.edubuntu.org/Edubuntu/Council/Election or propose a
candidate anonymously by contacting an Edubuntu Council member who will
add that person the wiki page.
The Edubuntu Council will then forward the list of nominees to the
Community Council.

The Community Council will set up a vote for Edubuntu Members and
announce the results of the election. In the case where the new
Edubuntu Council member is not an Edubuntu Member, they will receive
Edubuntu Membership concurrently. Edubuntu council elections will occur
anually, existing members may re-apply.

-Jonathan on behalf of the Edubuntu Council

Old 11-23-2009, 03:17 PM
Jonathan Carter

Hi

The Edubuntu Council election poll has not yet been set up, we'll give
the list a ping as soon as it's available!

If we can't have it up by tomorrow we'll probably extend the voting
deadline a bit.

Have a good day!

-Jonathan

Old 12-10-2009, 11:17 AM
Jonathan Carter

Hi

Recently, we announced[1] the Edubuntu Council nominations and
elections. The nomination round has been completed and even though
later than originally anticipated, the voting will soon commence.

6 polls have been set up on Launchpad. Each poll has two choices, "yes" and
"no". The poll starts at 01:00:00 UTC (around 12 hours from now) on
11th December 2009 and runs
for 7 days.

Poll Links:

* https://launchpad.net/~edubuntu-members/+poll/ed-council-graber
* https://launchpad.net/~edubuntu-members/+poll/ed-council-carter
* https://launchpad.net/~edubuntu-members/+poll/ed-council-johnson
* https://launchpad.net/~edubuntu-members/+poll/ed-council-balneaves
* https://launchpad.net/~edubuntu-members/+poll/ed-council-georgopoulos
* https://launchpad.net/~edubuntu-members/+poll/ed-council-erickson

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us on the
edubuntu-devel[2] mailing list.

-Jonathan on behalf of the current EC

[1] http://fridge.ubuntu.com/node/1940
[2] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/edubuntu-devel

Old 12-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Jonathan Carter

> [2] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/edubuntu-devel

Correction, that should have been
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/edubuntu-devel

Old 12-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Jonathan Carter

Old 12-12-2009, 08:00 PM
David Groos

OK I'll ask.

When I get to the linked page on previous email and see the line such as: ed-council-personx-yes" what do I do to register an opinion?* This feels like a stupid question, but then I tell myself, 'there are no stup...".

Thanks,

David

Old 12-12-2009, 08:00 PM
David Groos

Old 12-13-2009, 09:14 AM
Oliver Grawert

hi,
Am Samstag, den 12.12.2009, 15:00 -0600 schrieb David Groos:
> OK I'll ask.
>
> When I get to the linked page on previous email and see the line such
> as: ed-council-personx-yes" what do I do to register an opinion?
you become an edubuntu-member first, see [1]
(that should btw really be linked from the edubuntu.org/Community page)

ciao
oli

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Edubuntu/Members