-   -   Ubuntu 9.04 LTSP working on 30 clients but soooo slow to logon (http://www.linux-archive.org/edubuntu-user/279990-ubuntu-9-04-ltsp-working-30-clients-but-soooo-slow-logon.html)

Jim Christiansen 11-13-2009 02:27 PM

Ubuntu 9.04 LTSP working on 30 clients but soooo slow to logon

Well, I even have my really old non-pxe computers booting as clients using etherboot now using the our new/old classroom server.

The problem is that logging on takes about 3 minutes on 25 computers.* 5 other slightly newer boxes log on much faster ( but still on the slow side )

This shouldn't be so slow, I'm sure.* My old K12EL5 setup had the logons go at lightspeed compared to this.* Are there any ideas about what is going on?

I'm using one nic on the server and I don't think my networking is messed up.* I have not added client workstation numbers to the /etc/hosts file...* Is this necessary?

Thanks,* Jim