Old 11-10-2009, 10:11 PM
john

Default What is the current state of NIC bonding/trunking under Karmic?

Hi all,

As a follow up, nic-bonding isn't working for me, at least not by
following the directions
that apparently for for 8.10

I have two interface that I am trying to bond eth1 and eth2. My goal
is to serve dhcp via bond0 to the ltsp clients. I am still trying to
figure out if I need to put an LACP enabled switch between my bonded
nics and the rest of the network.

I wonder if anyone else has successfully set up nic bonding for Karmic
or has any ideas what steps I might take?

Thanks!

John

Here's the contents of my /etc/network/interfaces file

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface