Old 11-10-2009, 08:44 PM
john

Default What is the current state of NIC bonding/trunking under Karmic?

Hi all,

I am experimenting with NIC bonding/trunking since I am having some
latency/freezing on clients when I have >20 TC's streaming youtube
etc.
I see this howto https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/Trunking
which looks good. However, I have several questions:

1) has anything changed under karmic or can I safely use the approach
outlined above?
2) does anyone recommend a particular bonding scheme e.g. "adapative"
vs. "round-robin" etc.
3) If this indeed a good howto, should it be added to the list of
links at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP ?

Thanks!

John