Old 11-09-2009, 09:04 AM

Default cups printer show up slowly in print dialog

hello,

I have installed Gimp as a localapp under 9.04, because the startup
from the server was simply to slow when 15 kids would start it at the
same time.

but I have a problem with printing. we have an HP 3600N color laserjet
rpinter hooked up to the network. when you call up the print dialog in
Gimp, then it takes about 10-15 seconds for the printer to show up.
each time you open the dialog! printing then does work.

has somebody an idea what is slowing down the display of the printer?

right now I am not in the classroom and thus cannot give you more
details on versions, etc. but I can do that the next days.

tks,

uwe