FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Edubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 01-03-2008, 12:11 AM
"Krsnendu dasa"
 
Default Distribution upgrade problems

I am having problems doing a distribution upgrade. I have done it ok on my home computer (ubuntu with kubuntu and edubuntu added later), but at school (edubuntu with kubuntu added) it is failing due to not catching all the repositories. I have tried the NZ server, the main server and several other servers (I used the choose the best server feature of synaptic), but everytime it gives failed messages for some repositories.


I have tried using a cdrom image (with and without internet updates), but it complains it can't find all the dependent packages. Perhaps this is because it is not just ubuntu but kubuntu as well.

Should I try disabling the all but the main repositories first then enable to other repositories later?


Can anyone give me some tips how to get past this?

Thanks.




--
edubuntu-users mailing list
edubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/edubuntu-users
 
Old 01-03-2008, 03:31 AM
"Krsnendu dasa"
 
Default Distribution upgrade problems

I forgot to mention I am trying to upgrade from 7.04(Feisty) to 7.10 (Gutsy).

On 03/01/2008, Krsnendu dasa <krsnendu108@gmail.com
> wrote:I am having problems doing a distribution upgrade. I have done it ok on my home computer (ubuntu with kubuntu and edubuntu added later), but at school (edubuntu with kubuntu added) it is failing due to not catching all the repositories. I have tried the NZ server, the main server and several other servers (I used the choose the best server feature of synaptic), but everytime it gives failed messages for some repositories.


I have tried using a cdrom image (with and without internet updates), but it complains it can't find all the dependent packages. Perhaps this is because it is not just ubuntu but kubuntu as well.

Should I try disabling the all but the main repositories first then enable to other repositories later?


Can anyone give me some tips how to get past this?

Thanks.






--
edubuntu-users mailing list
edubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/edubuntu-users
 
Old 01-06-2008, 02:31 PM
"Krsnendu dasa"
 
Default Distribution upgrade problems

So far nothing is working. Should I try uninstalling kubuntu desktop then trying to update, then finally reinstalling kubuntu. Will this cause any problems? Would trying to update using a install DVD help? Does the DVD have Kubuntu and edubuntu on the same disk?


On 03/01/2008, Krsnendu dasa <krsnendu108@gmail.com> wrote:
I forgot to mention I am trying to upgrade from 7.04(Feisty) to 7.10 (Gutsy).

On 03/01/2008, Krsnendu dasa
<krsnendu108@gmail.com
> wrote:I am having problems doing a distribution upgrade. I have done it ok on my home computer (ubuntu with kubuntu and edubuntu added later), but at school (edubuntu with kubuntu added) it is failing due to not catching all the repositories. I have tried the NZ server, the main server and several other servers (I used the choose the best server feature of synaptic), but everytime it gives failed messages for some repositories.


I have tried using a cdrom image (with and without internet updates), but it complains it can't find all the dependent packages. Perhaps this is because it is not just ubuntu but kubuntu as well.

Should I try disabling the all but the main repositories first then enable to other repositories later?


Can anyone give me some tips how to get past this?

Thanks.








--
edubuntu-users mailing list
edubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/edubuntu-users
 
Old 01-06-2008, 04:12 PM
"Krsnendu dasa"
 
Default Distribution upgrade problems

My main reasons for upgrading are LTSP issues.
1. Printing problems - have to restart thet erminals and printers frequently to keep printing. No problems with K12ltsp6 (ltsp4.2) when it was the server.
2. Speed of terminal boot up.


On 07/01/2008, Farid Ansari <ansari.farid@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Friend,
Do not upgrade from 7.04 to 7.10. Do a clean install. Actually the Ubuntu 7.04 is the best of all distro's provided you do not go for the version upgrades. Only upgrade Firefox, Thunderbird, konqueror etc.

I use the Ubuntu 7.04 which I got from the DVD sent with the Linux Magazine and it's great.
Have a nice week,
*
Farid
Karachi, Pakistan


On Jan 6, 2008 8:31 PM, Krsnendu dasa <
krsnendu108@gmail.com> wrote:

So far nothing is working. Should I try uninstalling kubuntu desktop then trying to update, then finally reinstalling kubuntu. Will this cause any problems? Would trying to update using a install DVD help? Does the DVD have Kubuntu and edubuntu on the same disk?



On 03/01/2008, Krsnendu dasa <krsnendu108@gmail.com
> wrote:
I forgot to mention I am trying to upgrade from 7.04(Feisty) to 7.10 (Gutsy).



On 03/01/2008, Krsnendu dasa <krsnendu108@gmail.com
> wrote:
I am having problems doing a distribution upgrade. I have done it ok on my home computer (ubuntu with kubuntu and edubuntu added later), but at school (edubuntu with kubuntu added) it is failing due to not catching all the repositories. I have tried the NZ server, the main server and several other servers (I used the choose the best server feature of synaptic), but everytime it gives failed messages for some repositories.


I have tried using a cdrom image (with and without internet updates), but it complains it can't find all the dependent packages. Perhaps this is because it is not just ubuntu but kubuntu as well.

Should I try disabling the all but the main repositories first then enable to other repositories later?


Can anyone give me some tips how to get past this?

Thanks.




--
edubuntu-users mailing list


edubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/edubuntu-users







--
edubuntu-users mailing list
edubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/edubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:05 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org