Old 10-29-2009, 05:49 PM
"Jonathan Carter (highvoltage)"

Default Edubuntu 9.10 Released

Hi Everyone

Today marks the release of Edubuntu 9.10. While things were a bit wobbly
for this release at some stages, everything pulled together and the
resulting product of everyone's work turned out to be really good.

Edubuntu 9.10 is now a DVD installation as many requested since the
switch to the add-on CD a few releases back. I believe that Edubuntu
9.10 is a great base to work on for Edubuntu 10.04, pretty much all of
the blocks we've had before have been removed so I'm confident that
moving forward, we'll have very nice additions like off-line content and
a Live LTSP session (to name a few).

For now, please enjoy Edubuntu 9.10, release notes available here:
http://www.edubuntu.org/news/9.10-release

It seems that Canonical's bandwidth is currently under a lot of
pressure, so it the page takes very long to open, please try again a bit
later.

Thanks for everyone's effort and for making this possible!

-Jonathan