Old 03-18-2009, 05:09 PM
Bill Moss

Default gnome save environment

The current Gnome (gdm version of xdm) does not seem to save its
environment (kdm does). I wrote a simple (read kludge) Perl script to
create, save and restore basic simple widgets. The script is limited
since I don't know a great deal about gdm and in any case was not
willing to write it in C to access the basic widget library. It does
however work. I have no place to post it so if anyone is interested,
either email me and I will send it to youA) as an attachment or tell me
somewhere I can post it as a file (e.g. URL/public/gnome/...

--
William (Bill) Moss
billmoss@acm.org
NY (USA)
Those who will not reason,
are bigots,
those who cannot,
are fools,
and those who dare not,
are slaves.
by Lord Byron
God grants liberty only to those who love it,
and are always ready to guard and defend it.
by Daniel Webster
Justice will not be served until those who are
unaffected are as outraged as those who are.
by Benjamin Franklin

---
Virus Database (VPS): 090317-0, 03/17/2009
Tested on: 03/18/2009 14:09:42