Old 03-14-2009, 09:44 PM
Krsnendu dasa

Default rsync not resuming of cdimage site

I want to install jaunty to test out ltsp with it.

I have downloaded alpha 6 and wanted to update it to daily current. When I run rsync it always tries to download the whole file again. Any ideas why? When the new download get

to say 30mb and* I stop then then resume, it starts from 30mb as expected. Why doesn't it just copy the difference between the two versions of the iso?

This is the command I am using.
rsync -zhhP rsync://cdimage.ubuntu.com/cdimage/daily/current/jaunty-alternate-i386.iso .
I got the idea from this website.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RsyncCdImage

It seems a waste to download the whole thing every time.