Old 03-08-2009, 10:28 PM
David Groos

Default Way to auto-login gnome on startup?

Hi All,

Another issue to solve

I donīt have access to the room that will house the server for my thin-client classroom network.* The computer has iLO so I can remotely restart and even start a computer that is shut down.* However, I need to use a GUI (Though I can use CLI, Iīm more of a visual person than a text person) on the server, ssh just ainīt enough...* Unfortunately, one canīt VNC into a computer unless someone is logged into it first through GNOME.* So hereīs my thought:

On server start-up, auto log-in the admin user and upon logging in immediately go into screen-lock up mode.* Then, I can VNC into the server and unlock screen!* Easy, well, I donīt know if it can be done, much less how easy to set up!* Iīd appreciate any advise on the topic!

Thanks,
David