Old 03-02-2009, 05:42 PM
john

Default Firefox extremely slow (2mins +) to start under ubuntu LTS

Hi all,

I have a strange problem with Hardy 8.04 LTSP. Users who log on for
the first time and try to start firefox must wait more than a 2
minutes for firefox to start. We use winbind for auth if that makes
any difference.

I hope someone has some ideas about how to relieve this issue.

Thanks!

John

Old 03-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Kai Wollweber

Hi john:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a strange problem with Hardy 8.04 LTSP. Users who log on for
> the first time and try to start firefox must wait more than a 2
> minutes for firefox to start.

Have a look at:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/269188

and