-   -   Firefox extremely slow (2mins +) to start under ubuntu LTS (http://www.linux-archive.org/edubuntu-user/255681-firefox-extremely-slow-2mins-start-under-ubuntu-lts.html)

john 03-02-2009 05:42 PM

Firefox extremely slow (2mins +) to start under ubuntu LTS

Hi all,

I have a strange problem with Hardy 8.04 LTSP. Users who log on for
the first time and try to start firefox must wait more than a 2
minutes for firefox to start. We use winbind for auth if that makes
any difference.

I hope someone has some ideas about how to relieve this issue.

Thanks!

John

Kai Wollweber 03-02-2009 06:24 PM

Firefox extremely slow (2mins +) to start under ubuntu LTS

Hi john:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a strange problem with Hardy 8.04 LTSP. Users who log on for
> the first time and try to start firefox must wait more than a 2
> minutes for firefox to start.

Have a look at:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/269188

and

http://lns.wikidot.com/nsprupdate

--
Kai Wollweber
Peter-Ustinov-Schule

Jordan Erickson 03-02-2009 06:26 PM

Firefox extremely slow (2mins +) to start under ubuntu LTS

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/hardy/+source/nspr/+bug/269188

Cheers,
Jordan/Lns