Old 03-02-2009, 01:36 PM
Oliver Grawert

Default New Eee Desktop

hi,
Am Montag, den 02.03.2009, 14:16 +0000 schrieb Daniel Hunt:
> http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/03/02/asus_eee_box_206/
>
> Lovely looking machine
wow, thats really expensive ...
http://www.disklessworkstations.com/cgi-bin/web/200118.html?id=oiVwTSVi

less bling in the design, but $100 cheaper ...

ciao
oli

Old 03-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Asmo Koskinen

Daniel Hunt kirjoitti:

> http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/03/02/asus_eee_box_206/
> Lovely looking machine

Yeah, but XP, HDD, WLAN and BT are just waste of money

= 347 €

How about this:

Intel D945GCLF2

Intel Atom 330 Dual Core 1.60Ghz
Intel i945GC / ICH7
1 x DDR2 667/533, max 2GB
Intel GMA 950
6-channel HD-Audio
4 x USB 2.0
Gigabit Ethernet

= 91.90 €

AOpen S120 Mini-ITX

Form Factor: Mini-ITX
Mitat (D x W x H): 198 x 198 x 78 mm

= 58.90 €

+ LCD, mouse and keyboard
----

But what I'm really thinking is that glory days of desktop thin clients
are over. We need cheap but powerful laptops that can act as a thin
client and then on next boot as a real wlan laptop - with OpenLDAP and
NFS (/home).

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.