Old 02-24-2009, 11:36 AM
Patrick McKnight

Default need a few quick pointers on intel 945G video chipset and 1440x900 resolution

Greetings,

I am trying to get my new MSI Wind thin client to work but the i810
xorg driver seems to balk at any reasonable resolution for my
widescreen lcd panel. While searching the web, I found a solution but
it calls for 915resolution (a CLI program that helps resolve the
resolution limitations of the intel graphics chipsets) but I have no
idea whether to run the program from an xterm on the network or a
local xterm (via Ctl+Alt+F1). Any help - even avoiding the
915resolution hack - would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

--
Cheers,

Patrick